- Take I-10 west from the El Paso airport to Exit 6, which is Loop 375.
- Take Loop 375 west towards Canutillo for 1.1 miles utnil you reach Texas 20 Highway.
- Make a right on Texas 20 going north for 1/2 mile only.
- Make a left on Texas 259 going west. This turns into New Mexico 28 at the State Line. Highway 28 is the Don Juan de Onate trail.
- As you drive along New Mexico 28 from the Texas State Line to La Mesilla, you will pass through the following old, primarily Hispanic towns of La Union, Chamberino, La Mesa (with a great Mexican restaurant called Chope's), San Miguel, and San Pablo.
Transportation and Lodging
The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport, approximately 50 miles from Las Cruces/Mesilla
Shuttle (El Paso Airport <=> Las Cruces/Mesilla)
Las Cruces Shuttle, 1-800-288-1784
Meson de Mesilla, 1891 Avenida de Mesilla, 575-652-4953
0.6 mile from meeting site.
Comfort Inn and Suites, 1300 Avenida de Mesilla, 575-527-1050
1.1 mile from meeting site.
Additional Nearby Lodging
Ramada Palms de Las Cruces, 575-526-4411. This Inn is located at the corner of University Ave. and Valley Drive, and is near Exit 142 on I-10. It is about 3 miles from the Meeting Site. It has a pleasant southwestern motif and is a nice place to stay for those with cars.
Driving (El Paso -> Las Cruces)
The most direct route from the El Paso airport to Meson de Mesilla is to take I-10 west to Las Cruces (about 50 miles). Take Exit 140 onto New Mexico 28 (you will turn left) toward La Mesilla. Meson de Mesilla will be on your left after 3/4 miles on New Mexico 28.
If you arrive in daylight with a little more time, we recommend a more scenic 50 mile drive from the El Paso airport along the historic Don Juan de Onate Trial. Here are the directions: